Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stalled...

The clinic is right on track to open in October, however, with the chiropractic licensure laws the progress has been stalled a little bit.

The sign I am going with is really nice.  The cost is not nice though, but you get what you pay for.  This sign cannot be installed until I obtain full licensure in Idaho.  The reason for this, is that, it could falsely lead someone to believe I am in practice when I am not.  It is unfortunate because I now will lose 3 months of advertising that could have benefited my business later this fall when I open.

To get around this, I am continuing my personal facebook page but stopping my clinic facebook page and my website for the clinic until October.  I will update the clinic's progress on my personal page, so no licensure laws are broken.  It would not be good to start out with a legal issue before opening the clinic.

I personally see no harm in having a website or facebook page as long as it is very clear what the intention of the websites are.  If there is any reason people could misconstrue the message, an issue could pop up with the board and things could get complicated.

On another note, I have ordered the chiropractic table for the clinic.  The brand I decided to go with is Hill Laboratory.  They look to me like the best table on the market, but we all have opinions.

That said, I am also debating cutting out quite a bit of rehab equipment from my budget and retaining those funds for operating costs for the first few months.  My hope is to bring in nice equipment later when the clientele is established.  This tactic will preserve the money I have for the unfortunate reality of really slow growth.  We all want our clinics to blossom overnight, but I realize this is a bad economy and I am a soon to be new doctor.

All for now


No comments:

Post a Comment