Monday, October 24, 2011

A New Life

Every student studying medicine or a related health field knows what it is like to want the end result more than the process of obtaining the end result.  You are forced to your wits end with tests and deadlines and can never find a chance to calm the fire.  We sit there and wish it would just hurry up already so life can continue in a much more leisurely fashion.

Well, that time has come for me.  Although, I can't say it has been less stressful than school.  It's a different kind of stress, one that is more "real".  Yes, things are quite real these days.

All through school I planned every detail of my clinic down to the colors, the theme and the equipment.  I went on a hunch that people value quality health care services and no matter what, they'd see my genuine effort and decide my clinic was a good fit for them.  Fortunately, this has happened, to some extent.  We aren't bursting at the seams with too much to do, but there are a few that have trusted me and my staff with their needs.  As we do good work, the word will spread and we will obtain more clients looking for trustworthy chiropractic and rehab.

We have been successful and great results have transpired from our efforts.  Each time I work with a patient at the clinic, I have a sense of gratitude for how hard it was to get to this point.  We can only share stories of these things and there are others with larger stories than mine.

My first patient at the clinic was a great one!  A family stressed over their child's inability to compete in their sport due to thoracic pain and a dream lost due to a lack of a treatment plan.  I evaluate the patient and find the issue to be restricted joint movement in the CT junction and upper ribs.  I adjust the patient and do some pin and stretch on the muscles and have my LMT massage the tight muscles.  The patient feels better immediately and the next day performs a personal best in a competition!  Now, we are looking at the State competition!

This is definitely a success story and one to use as motivation to continue onward with this new practice.  I know more stories will come through this sweet chiropractic clinic as we grow, some will be more challenging and provide less immediate success, but we intend on doing our best.

All for now,

Dr. Spangler
Trailhead Chiropractic




2 comments:

  1. Great story, a fitting end to one journey, and an excellent beginning to another. Good luck with the new practice and I wish you much success.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bruce!

    I wish they had a track in school for private practice, because I am learning A LOT!

    Cheers,

    Dr. Spangler

    ReplyDelete