Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dr. Spangler but Awaiting Licensure

It's official, I am now Dr. Spangler.  My degree is officially in the mail and all of my requirements are complete as of today.  In a couple weeks, my license will be approved and I can begin practicing in Idaho.  It is a weird feeling to think back to all that had to take place in order to venture down this path.  I am glad it is over though and I am excited to move on.  New challenges are on the docket for this new Boise chiropractic clinic.

My first challenge has appeared with the clinic.  A veteran chiropractor has approached me with the intention of sharing my clinic space with me.  I have contemplated sharing space but it just doesn't ever fit with my ideology.  It was a very humbling experience being that he was my mentor during my undergraduate studies here in Boise.  It was an honor to be approached by him.  The issue that makes this challenging is a lack of space in my clinic.

Originally, I planned on having 3 treatment rooms, a rehab room, a reception area and an office for me.  You'd think I could just make one of the treatment rooms an office for this DC and have him use one of the treatment rooms.  I have thought about this, a lot, but where do I put my massage therapist and where will I put acute patients when they need electric stimulation to calm their spasmed muscles?  Complicated.

If I rent out two rooms, I am left with one and that will not work.  I am tempted to build out the space next to my current clinic and provide this DC with room to accommodate his needs.  This, however, would put financial stress on me if and when he leaves.

I don't like saying no.  This a fault of mine, which needs work.  We all are faced with situations like this where a plan has been in place for years and an attempt to change that plan pops up.  Honesty is key when it comes to these things and we must stay true to our values and ideologies when deciding what to do.  If we sway from the end goal to accommodate, we can lose focus of what we intended to do in the first place.

It is exciting to move forward with all this.  The clinic has been delayed due to a backorder on doors, so we'll be launching in mid-October now instead of the first of October.  I am kind of glad for this because I need time to put together my marketing plan and deal with the current challenges.

All for now,

Dr. Spangler
Trailhead Chiropractic

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Nate!! I'm so happy for you! You will be a wonderful chiropractor, and I wish I lived in Idaho so I could be one of your patients. All the best to you in your new career.
    Christa (formerly of Flagstaff)

    ReplyDelete