Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Home at last!

I arrived in Boise last night after wrapping up things at school and saying the final goodbyes.  It was much easier than I thought it would be to say goodbye and hit the road one last time.

We sit wishing for the moment when the torture will stop with all the tests and requirements and then the day comes when it is time to move on.  The final days are weird because there is absolutely nothing to do and all you do is wonder what it will be like when the plane takes off and the hugs commence.  I can say that it is quite bitter-sweet.  People wish you well and say they'll keep in touch and stop in Boise but the fact is, we are all going in opposite directions.  We all have different goals and places we want to be.  I chose Boise and nobody else did.

It will be quite surprising if I ever see most of my class again.  Maybe a few here and there but for the most part, when we said goodbye, that was it.  We all have to move on eventually and start our new chapters.

For me, I have been waiting to exit for sometime now.  It is good but I know there is a mountain of work awaiting that will demand every ounce of my energy.  The difference is that no tests remain, no cruel demoralizing situations await and I am the only one holding me back!  It feels great!

I wish you all the best and hope that the experiences we've had together provide a nice foundation for ethical balance in practice.

All for now

No comments:

Post a Comment