Friday, May 3, 2019

Fast Forward 7 years...

Hello and welcome back to my blog, Chiropractique. 

I wrote in this blog for a number of years and had nearly 30,000 hits a month at it's high point.  My hope is to begin writing consistently again on a weekly manner. 

To get you all caught up, I am now finishing my 8th year in practice in Boise Idaho.  Thinking back on the long road I took to get where I am now, is very interesting, to say the least.  Back when I was writing consistently in this blog, I couldn't fathom having 8 years in practice under my belt.  Here we are.

I've gone through a lot in practice since the start.  Many different cases have walked through my doors.  Some easy, some very complex.  I've grown from a single doctor practice to three docs and 9 massage therapists.  I've gone through hardship both personally and professionally.  I've had to hire and fire people and I've been to the brink of nearly losing all I've built due to a few trusted contractors that tried to end it all. 

My optimism has not faded due to any hardship.  I still believe strongly in what I do.  Recently, we moved last June into a large facility in downtown Boise.  At our high point, we have seen nearly 350 patients a week between all of us.  That is a lot! 

We just opened our 1000 square foot gym this past month and have begun hiring and recruiting physical therapists to help more people.  Things have rapidly advanced during the past year and have no real end in sight.  They all say, this is a good thing... 

The work that comes with such numbers is immense.  The charting and phone calls alone take a lot of time beyond the one-on-one time we spend with patients.  Managing employees and contractors is no easy task either.  At some point, I will decide to stop taking on so much and delegate to others.  The process has started but will take a bit of time.

For now, my goals for the clinic are to continue growing the physical therapy side of it and look for a sports chiropractor to help out and find a buyer for my clinic in 10 years or so. 

Personally, everything I've planned for this clinic has worked out beyond my expectations.  I never thought it would become a 3,000 square foot giant with 4 disciplines working under one roof.  I dreamed of it but had no idea how to get it there.  We are here.

I'll update weekly from here on.  Some clinical stuff and some business stuff.  The struggles I face daily and the many successes as well. 

Best in Health,

Dr. Spangler

No comments:

Post a Comment